The SUPER Silly Summer Encore!
Posted by The Sun on August 3, 2021 at 7:30 PM
...The applause, it stopped?! Why, I thought that surely with all the rambunctious refinements I brought to Toontown, the clapping, nay, the silliness, would last through all of Summer. What’s that, you say? You want MORE drastic developments in the Tooniverse? You want an encore? In that case, let’s up the ante -- we’ll make this Silly Summer a SUPER Silly Summer!
If there’s one thing that exemplifies summertime more than anything, it’s hanging out with your buds! I’m not talking about the rosebuds of Daisy Gardens -- although those are quite pretty during this time of year. I’ve spoken with the Toontown Planning Commission, and they’ve agreed to install something very special to every playground in Toontown. Starting today, benches have been added to Toontown!
I know, I know, benches don’t sound like much -- but hear me out! Benches are the perfect way to foster a conversation. Sitting down with your pals is the perfect way to relax and strike up a conversation. Maybe tell a story to a group while sitting down. The possibilities really are endless, folks. Don’t worry, this ain’t hostile architecture!
But that’s not all I’ve done. I’ve spoken with the Toontown Party Commission -- and for the first time ever, we’re adding a brand new activity to Toon Parties! What could it be? Well, you may find it dizzying, if you catch my drift!
The endlessly spinning Merry-go-Round has come to Toon Parties! Just take one step on, and you’ll spin around... pretty slowly. But grab more friends to hop on, and you'll spin round' faster than a hunter during wabbit season! Now, I know that a certain Cartoonival Blue rabbit has already done the whole Merry-go-Round shebang. But you know what they say, good stars borrow, great stars steal!
Speakin’ of Toon Parties, the Toon Troop will be hosting Summer Parties every day for the next week. There ain’t a better way to celebrate the Summer fun!
That is all I have for you this Summer, Toontown. I’ve put on quite the show, but now I must take a bow and exit stage left. There won’t be any more encores from me this Summer, so I hope you’ve enjoyed the performance.
Once again, now you may clap. Have a SUPER Silly Summer, Toontown!
August 3, 2021 [ttr-live-v2.9.5]
• Addressed a long-standing animation bug inside of Toon Hall.
• Eradicated yet another issue related to Butterflies. They are truly public enemy number one.
• Increased the timer for Picnic Tables to 120 seconds. Enjoy cupcakes and sandwiches with your friends!
• Professor Ivy now wears the recently released "Treemendous Gardener" outfit!
• Fixed a longstanding bug that prevented you from whispering new friends that are in different areas.
• Addressed various crashes and issues throughout Toontown.
• Added a five-minute timeout to the epilogue of all Boss Battles. If you are timed out, you will still receive your rewards and head back to the Playground.
• You can now teleport to friends that are inside the D.A. Office's lobby!
• The noises of spooky ghost Toons will no longer appear in the District Attorney's office.
• The Laff Points given by Ice Pops now scale based on ToonTask progress.
• The "Cherry On Top" house now features lit windows at night.
• Butterflies will no longer appear at night.
• When a Flower or Gag Tree is fully watered, the watering can icon will now be greyed out.
• Fixed a GUI-related bug with gardening.
• Fixed a softlock when obtaining the final gardening trophy.
• Addressed a longstanding Cattlelog bug that would cause "Series 0 Issue 13" to be delivered in error.
• Patched an exploit related to the 48 Hours of Cannons mini-game.
• Many tweaks have been made to Kart handling based on your thoughts and suggestions.
• Record and qualify times have been tweaked once again to reflect the new changes.
• Please give Kart Racing another go and let us know what you think!
• If you are a player with a disability, please let us know the difficulty of the qualify times for racing. We want the ability to qualify to be possible for everyone!
• An Option to limit the framerate to certain values has been added.
• Benches have been added to every playground!
• You can walk up to any bench to hop on.
• Pressing the MOVEMENT KEYS will orbit the camera.
• You can zoom in and out with Page Up and Page Down or the keys bound to jumping and walking.
• Added the first new Party Activity in Rewritten history: The Merry-go-Round!
• The Merry-go-Round costs 200 Jellybeans, with a limit of one per party.
• As more Toons hop onto the Merry-go-Round, the speed will increase.
• Spin around to your heart's content, and try not to get dizzy!